Thursday, May 15, 2014

Poetry-- Why not give it a shot.

“Unnoticed Bits of Commonality”
By: Erika Hayes

Mundane.
 Commonplace.
 Ordinary.
A pen,
A cup,
A sin
 Existing in the everyday
What is the significance of
 words,
lies,
stories;
These that haunt mankind.
Always the unnoticed
laboring the daily grind.
These that intrude on our life,
“I need a pen!”
“Where is my cup?”
“I hide my sin.”
The tidbits of humanity
Create
 the words,
the lies,
the stories

of our unnoticed bits of commonality. 

2 comments:

  1. Where's the "like" button here?

    Also caught the label "things that explode from my fingertips." I know that sensation. When I wrote poetry (it's been years since I have) the poems were just suddenly there and I often had to scramble for pen and paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to read your work. That scramble is the best feeling in the world!!!

      Delete